Get Stuffed is made up of a number of different initiatives. Click on one to learn more...
Get Swapped is about sharing excess food and reducing food waste. We know that about 20% of the food that we buy goes into landfill (check out this infographic!), and by sharing food with one another we can reduce waste, improve access to fresh local food for more local people and do our bit for climate change.
Local hubs are popping up around the Latrobe Valley and you can drop off your excess produce at these hubs during their specified business hours (below). As a member of the Latrobe Valley community you can take any food from these boxes for free.
Yep, you read it right - it's free!
If you'd like to host a Get Swapped hub at your community centre, shop or office get in contact!
1. ReActivate Latrobe Valley HQ: 226 Commercial Rd, Morwell. Mon - Fri 9-5pm (0487 380 529)
2. The VRI: 18-20 Queens Pde, Traralgon. Mon - Fri 9-3pm (0419 568 772)
3. Traralgon Neighbourhood & Learning House: 11/13 Breed St, Traralgon. Mon - Fri 9-5pm (5174 6199)
4. The Salvation Army: 3a Moore St, Moe. Mon - Fri 9-5pm (5126 3182)
5. Raw Harvest Cafe: 20 Rutherglen Rd, Newborough. Wed - Fri 7am - 4:30pm, Sat 7am - 2pm, Sun 9am - 2pm (4504 2108
6. Latrobe Community Health Service: 81/87 Buckley St, Morwell. Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm (1800 242 696)
7. Yinnar General Store: 44 Main St, Yinnar, 6:30am - 5:30pm. Mon - Fri / 7am - 1pm Sat - Sun (5163 1261)
8. Fed Uni Children's Centre - Churchill Community Hub: 9-11 Philip Parade, Churchill. 6:30am - 6:30pm Mon - Fri (5122 3907)
*Get Swapped drop off boxes are designed and built by Job Seekers at The VRI in Traralgon. Get Swapped would not be able to bring excess produce to the community in such style without the help of these talented local people.
Get Herbed is the trading network for locally grown herbs, branded as Get Stuffed produce. You will be able to buy Get Stuffed herbs at the 50 Mile Farmer's Markets and, in time, at other retail outlets around the Latrobe Valley.
Our commitment is to support the local food economy by connecting growers to buyers. You'll be able to see who has grown the herbs we are selling, and learn more about the produce through our grower profile page. Meet our growers here.
If you'd like to supply the Get Stuffed network with your home grown herbs, fill out our Grower Survey today.
50 Mile Farmers Market
The 50 Mile Farmers Market brings together an abundance of local food growers and makers from within a 50 mile radius. Currently being held once a month in both Morwell and Traralgon the 50 Mile farmer's market celebrates and supports local produce of all kinds
It offers a time and place for the community to come together and participate in their local food grower and maker economy. Support local and come along to the next 50 Mile Farmers Market near you.
More info for both visitors, vendors and entertainers can be found here
Get Growing is an entrepreneurial support and mentorship initiative which aims to provide training, employment and entrepreneurial pathways for local community members to supply produce to the Get Stuffed food network.
Get Growing will provide a platform for new livelihoods to be cultivated in the Latrobe Valley while increasing the supply of locally grown food. The vision is to create the infrastructure, the know-how and the local demand to support many new industries and jobs related to local food production.
We've started by offering productive gardening workshops in the Latrobe Valley. Find out more here.
We're also looking for landholders who would like to host a Get Stuffed garden plot. If this sounds like you, tell us more.